Tuesday 20 September 2011

No rain but productive day

The rain didn´t arrive yesterday, but I still had a fun day finishing off one piece and working on another.




This is a textured paper with molding paste through a daisy stencil.  I plan on adding lots and lots of hand embroidery to this piece after backing it with felt.  I have a photo of a gnarled bare branched tree which I plan on using as inspiration.  I love the colours which have emerged from using pastels then waxing over to seal them.  The daisies were painted individually then waxed again.



I´m not sure how I´m going to finish this piece of silk rod paper, but will probably mount it on a mount board.  The next lesson in this workshop is experimenting with gummy silk cocoons fibres and deep etched wooden stamp blocks.

Happy Birthday today to my nephew Simon!





No comments:

Post a Comment