Sunday 7 September 2014

Another one finished....

Today I've learnt how to reproduce a drawing of a quilt layout from a pro!.  Frank has been quite patient with me,  I am always wanting to do things quick as a flash, which really goes against the grain because he takes his time and detail means everything.  But I realise that he is right when it comes to designing things.  So although it's taken a couple of days to get there, I now have a full scale mock up of my latest project, which I wanted so that I can now make an overlay to try out various quilting designs for the final quilt.  At least this way when I draw in quilting lines that don't quite look right I can erase them and try something else.  I have tried doing this process before , in a small A4 scale, but when parts were enlarged to fit the quilt it looked awful!  I'm quite looking forward now to drawing in the quilting.  I've spent a very hot afternoon in front of the fan looking at lots of inspirational work by others on the internet.

Here are a couple of photos of one of my old wall hangings, made many years ago and left virtually unquilted.  The wadding is very thin as it's been washed a few times, but it's given me the opportunity to practice my stitching without having to start from scratch and piece something first.


Tomorrow I hope to spend the  morning working on the new project while Frank takes the car for it's service and pre-ITV test.  Maybe it will be another degree cooler again too!



No comments:

Post a Comment