Saturday 6 September 2014

Back blogging again.....

After three years of blogging on behalf of Viñuela Sew&Sews I have decided it's time to blog for myself again.  Life has been busy in the last three years, and while I still belong to VSS group, I am taking a back seat from organizing things and hoping to live a more relaxed lifestyle.

These are two quilting projects I have just quilted using my lovely Handi Quilter Sweet16.


The blocks used here are three of four blocks made for me by ladies of the Carol Doak Yahoo group which I joined several years ago.  I took part in a block swap and chose red and purple as my choices.  When I got them back I wasn't so keen on my choice and put them away for another time.  A few months back I needed to try out a quilt-as-you-go technique I found on YouTube, which I planned to use when putting together our VSS group raffle quilt, and came across these blocks.  A little later I thought they would be good to practice some ruler template work on the HQ16, so out they came again.  The quilting brought the blocks to life so much that I decided to make them into a table runner.


This is another orphan block which I used to show VSS group members how to paper piece the Carol Doak way a few years ago.  Again it languished in a drawer for a couple of years and has become a contender for the quilting machine.  (The circles are not free motion quilted, I did these using the walking foot on my Bernina.) I really like how it turned out so finished it off as a small wall hanging. 

Now I can't wait to get stuck into my next project, this quilt top too has a history, but I'll save that for another day.  I'm glad it's still too hot to do much outside here in Southern Spain, and that La Vuelta is still on, so I have plenty of time to plan my design for the quilting!

Till next time, have a good weekend, and Mum and Dad..... I hope the sun's been shining through your new conservatory roof!!








No comments:

Post a Comment